Chinta Ravi Bala Krishna
Hailing from a traditional family of Kuchipudi Bhagavatulu Sri Chinta Ravi Balakrishna was born in the year 1984. Maintaining the family tradition RaviBalakrishna dived into this huge sea of performing arts under the guidance of his father and Guru renowned (late) Natyabhushanam Sri Chinta Ramamurthy. To further improve his skills RaviBalakrishna moved on to get tutelage under (late) Sri. Vendantam Ratayya Sharma and (late) Sri.Chinta Ramanatham. He also got an opportunity to refine his talent under the able guidance of Padmasri.Sri.Vendantam Satyanarayana Sharma.
He started proving his talents at every stage and did a Diploma course in Yakshaganam from The Siddhendra Yogi Kuchipudi Kala Kshetram, apart from completing bachelors in commerce from the VSR Degree College â€“ Movva, affiliated to the Nagarjuna University. He then moved on to doing his Masters in Kuchipudi dance from The Potti Sriramulu Telugu University where he secured a gold medal.
His great and noble journey to seek more knowledge was aided by different scholarships from CCRT and Human Resource Development Govt. of India and from Kendra Sangeet Natak Academy. He excels as a performer, a teacher, a choreographer and also as a Nattuvanar. He is currently working as Faculty in The Siddendra Yogi Kuchipudi Kala kshetram where he is noted for his teaching ability.
Starting his solo dance performance from the age of 5, he has performed at
- The Swarna Nritya Pratibha through Sangeet Natak Academy – 2004
- Siddhendra Yogi Mahotsav – 2007
- Yuva Shastruya Nrityotsav at Rabindra Bharti Hyderabad – 2008
CHINTA RAVI BALAKRISHNA EXPLAINING ABOUT KUCHIPUDI PAGETIVESHAM
He portrayed lead roles in Dance Ballets and Yakshaganas along with celebrated dance maestros. To name a few, he has performed as:
- Snake charmer in Bhakta Prahlad
- Vetrahasta, lord Narasimha in Bhakta Prahlad Charitam
- Satyabhama, Madhavi and Lord Krishna in Bhamakalapam
- Shiva, Aniruddha, Chitralekha and Usha in Usha Parinayam
- Bruhanala in Narthanasala
He choreographed wonderful solo numbers namely, Rama Kathamrutam, Sri.Venkateshwara Vaibhavam, Mahisasura Mardini, Annamaya, etc. He has some wonderful solo items under his choreography skills…
- Ananda Narthana Ganapthy
- Tillana in raga Vrindavana Sarang
- Shambho Shiva Shambho
- Uttukadu Keertana Neerajasamaneela Krishna
- Bhajamanasa Vigneshwaramanisham
- Narayana teertha Tarangam
- Ardha Nareeshwar
- Vacchenu Alamelumangaâ€”annamaya keertana
Dance ballets choreographed by him include
- Sri Venkateshwara Baibhavam presented at Tirupathi Brahmotsav Dasherra Festival Andhra Pradesh 2007.
- Rama Kathamritam a special choreography highlighting all the three poets- Annamaya, Thyagaraja and Ramadasu with more philosophical themes presented at Guru Pragasatkaram as a part of felicitations to six Gurus at Vijayawada at 2008.
- Mahisasura Mardhini at Dasherra Utsav Andhra Pradesh 2008.
As a performer he has also specialized in the technique of Pagati Vesham- wherein he can aptly act the roles of Budabukkala Vadu, Hindustani Brahmana Vesham and Mandula Vesham. He has also specialized in the female character roles. Under the scheme by the SNA, he specialized all the three character roles in Bhama Kalapam under the tutelage of Padmasri. Vedantam Satyanarayana Sarma. He has also played many other roles like Chitrarekha, Shiva, Anirudha and Banasura in Usha Parinayam, Vetrahasta, Chandamarkulu and Pamula Vallu in Bhakta Prahalada, Bruhannalaâ€”in Nartanasala, Maya Vishnuâ€”in Vinayaka Chaviti and many more.
To add more to this dance career he enriched himself with formal training in Carnatic vocal music and also plays Mrudangam. This has helped him to get a good hold in music and rhythm.
Performances at important festivals by him include
- Swarna Nritya Pratibha – Thiruvananthapuram in 2004
- Silicon Andhra Festival – U.S.A in 2004
- Nritya Pratibha Eyal Esai Natak Mandram and SNA – Delhi in 2007
- Award function by the SNA – Delhi in 2007
- At Rabinadra Bharti for Yuva Sastriya nritya Utsav by Andhra Pradesh Cultural affairs and South â€“ Zone Cultural Centre Tanjavore in 2008
Appreciation and Notable Awards bestowed upon him
- Ravi Balakrishna has been appreciated by the critics for â€œthe lyrical beauty of the pure nrittaâ€ and his fresh subtle and matured abhinaya
- Yuva Sutradhari Puraskar in February 2007 by Padmasri Satyanarayana Sharma at the Siddhendra yogi festival at Kuchipudi
- Nritya kaumudi by Abhinaya Nritya Bharati Eluru 2008
- Ustad Bismillah Khan YuvaPuraskar for 2009 awarded by the Sangeet Natak Akademi
Sri. Chinta Ravi Balakrishna,
Temple Street, Kuchipudi Village,
Movva Mandalam, Krishna Dt.,
Andhra Pradesh – 521136
Mobile: +91 98855 48226
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.